Our Partners and Supporters
Farmers Legal Action Group
Farmers' Legal Action Group, Inc. (FLAG) is a nonprofit law center dedicated to providing legal services and support to family farmers and their communities in order to help keep family farmers on the land.
America needs an agriculture that supports healthy rural communities, protects the environment, and promotes a safe, diverse, and stable food supply. To achieve these goals, America needs a healthy family farm-based system of agriculture. Targeted, top-notch legal information and advocacy are indispensable in the struggle to defend family-based agriculture and secure social and economic justice for farmers. FLAG exists to provide those legal services.
Land Stewardship Project
The Land Stewardship Project (LSP) is a private, nonprofit organization founded in 1982 to foster an ethic of stewardship for farmland, to promote sustainable agriculture and to develop sustainable communities.
In June 2009, the Scott County Farm Advisory Task Force was established to help the County shape policy and form recommendations regarding the long-term future of farming in Scott County. The overall purpose of the 15-member task force is to:
- Raise awareness and provide input into Scott County’s long-range land use, transportation, utility, growth management and natural resource plans as they relate to farming.
- Advise County decision-makers on solutions, approaches, plans or studies dealing with the County’s 2030 Vision and goal of determining the long-term future of farming.
- Provide a forum for farmers and others interested in enhancing and promoting the long-term viability of agriculture.
In 2011, the group was re-organized as the Farm Advisory Board. Links to the minutes of the Farm Advisory Board meetings can be found on tghe right side of this web page: http://www.co.scott.mn.us/PropertyGISLand/2030CompPlan/NaturalAreaFarmland/Pages/FarmlandPreservation.aspx
Information on Scott County Board Meetings and Scott County Commissioners with their contact information:http://www.co.scott.mn.us/COUNTYGOV/COUNTYBOARD/Pages/BoardAgendaMinutes.aspx
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota (Blue Cross)
Using settlement funds from its historic lawsuit against the tobacco industry, Blue Cross supports the Local Harvest Alliance with funding and technical assistance. The work is part of a long-term, statewide health improvement initiative to reduce heart disease, obesity and cancers by tackling their root causes, including unhealthy eating.
Partners at large:
- Ken Meter - Crossroads Resource Center: http://www.crcworks.org/
- Heidi Morlock - Seven Story Farm
- Lori and Norm Pint - Prairie Haven Farm, 6525 W. 270th St., New Prague, MN, 56071. Grass fed lamb. 952-758-4128
- Josh and Sally Reinitz - East Henderson Farm: http://www.easthendersonfarm.com/
- Jennifer Jensen - Sutton Ridge Farm